05 January 2007

the last excuse

[mood | touched... very, very touched]
[music | Saigo no Iiwake - Tokunaga Hideaki (Self Cover Best, 1988)]

OMGOMGOMGOMG. this song is like... omgomgomg...

*catches breath*

okay enough. "Saigo no Iiwake" (the last excuse) was the original Japanese version of countless revivals of this song, of which the most recent one was the Filipino version, Ted Ito's "Ikaw Pa Rin" (you're still the one). i practically grew up with this song... and i admit, it was the first song that really stayed with me. it was the ONLY song that i haven't forgotten since the late 80's, the only song in that period that i actually loved.

when i found this song in LimeWire, i cried. really. Sakura was over here earlier, and when i saw her i just hugged her tight... not only because we had a big row the night before, but because of the song.

it was like finding my childhood, like my childhood is finally complete. it was like this song is my link to the past, and that when i don't have anything to hold on to, this song will always be here to comfort me... and to tell me that once, i was innocent, so pure, and carefree. it is a way to remind me that at that time, was where it all began... why i am here now.

so i cried. not only because the song really was that beautiful... but the nostalgia was so overwhelming i wasn't able to do anything but to stare at the PC and cry. then Sakura came, and i cried while hugging her. i cried, and cried.

it's funny... that i never thought that when i heard this song 17 or 18 years ago, i would it hear again while being held by the arms of the person that i care about the most. that when i would finally be able to listen to it in its full glory was when i just want to break down and cry on the chest of someone i hold dearest.

now, as January 5th has just passed, and our 3rd month together has begun, i dedicate this song to her, Sakura Usui... this song which has shaped my childhood, my dreams, my love.

~DD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alright. I know I've only read a few chapters of Tsubasa Reverse, but I think there's a lot to be proud of. It's well-balanced (in characterization, plot, details, etc.), solid in narrative, and an excellent and entertaining read. Whether it is truthful is a whole different matter. I will be able to determine this by chapter fourteen, I think.

+ + +

My childhood dream was fulfilled Christmas of 2006: an archaic SNES version of Secret of Mana. close to a hundred bucks. Hours of multi-player action--complete hack and slash RPG.

-B.Sauce Ninja.